Anderson Power Products®
As Australia's leading supplier of Anderson Connectors, stocking only genuine housings and contacts for both the Multi-pole SB® series and the single-pole PP (Powerpole®) series, Connector-Tech ALS provides the widest range of current ratings, colours and contact wire sizes along with a variety of dust covers, handles and other accessories.
Anderson invented the SB® connector back in 1953 in response to forklift manufacturers wanting a more robust connector, it has had a number of modifications since including making it as a one peice design and has remain unchanged since 1973. Currently there are 4 ratings available 50Amp, 120Amp, 175Amp & 350Amp.
There have been a lot of copies and even some counterfiet's over the years but the original is still the best.
In 1964 Anderson then invented the PP or Powerpole® connector after a request from Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) in San Francisco, which are a stackable modular connector in current ratings from 15Amp to 180Amp.
- Anderson Plugs are genderless, meaning that there is no male or female/plug or socket, just buy 2 of the same colour for a mating pair
- The contacts are self cleaing, which means that as they are mated and unmated, the contacts slide over each other cleaning contaminates off
- Contact life is 10,000 Connect/Disconnects with no load or 250 under load at the contacts rated current
- 600 volts continuous AC or DC
- In the SB® series, the colours are keyed so that only the same colour will mate with itself
- There are a number of contact wire sizes to suit each housing
- Various Touchproof or SBS® connectors are also available
- You can also get versions that have auxilary contacts that can be used for signals etc.
We are proud to supply only genuine Anderson Plugs to wholesalers, re-sellers and end users who recognise the value and quality of the original Anderson's. To browse our complete range of Anderson plug kits, select from the options below. For bulk pricing (500+pcs) please request a quote and we will be in touch.
Anderson SB® Multi-Pole Plug Kits
Anderson PP Single-Pole Plug Kits
The two most popular Anderson Connectors are the multi-pole (SB®) and modular single-pole (Powerpole®) series. For more information on these products select from the options below.